Don’t know where to start? Just follow our month-by-month guide to getting down the aisle in style
12+ months to go
- Pencil in potential dates and times for your wedding.
- Set aside a budget.
- Decide on the size, formality, and setting of your wedding.
- Draw up an initial guest list.
9–12 months to go
- Visit potential wedding reception venues and book as soon as possible.
- Start shopping for your wedding dress.
- Book your photographer and videographer.
- Book your live entertainment or DJ.
- Track down a florist and discuss bouquets and buttonholes.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Choose your wedding rings.
- Plan your honeymoon.
- Send out save the date cards.
6–9 months to go
- Arrange a food tasting at your venue and decide on your menu.
- Check the marriage license requirements you may need and arrange accordingly.
- Discuss the readings and music you would like for your ceremony.
- Book any transport you may need on your wedding day.
- • Make sure the groom’s and the ushers’ wedding attire have been arranged, or are being arranged.
- If you are changing your name, get your passport renewed. Your officiating minister or registrar will be able to sign the application form for you.
1–6 months to go
- Finalise your guest list.
- Get your order of service and menu cards printed.
- Decide on gifts for the bridal party and any special arrangements or treats for guests.
- If you are spending your honeymoon abroad, check whether you need any visas or vaccinations.
- Draw up a wedding list and send to guests.
2 weeks to go
- Have a trial hair and make-up session.
- Book wedding day appointments for having your nails, hair, and make-up done.
- Schedule a final dress fitting.
On the day
- Relax and enjoy yourselves.